Tuesday 11 June 2013

The Exhibition



So last thursday was the day of the art and design exhibition at college, which in a sense marked the end of the two years that I had spent there. It was good to see the whole of our exhibition, and see how everyone's work was so different and how much we had achieved in just two years. Our individual sections were focused on showcasing our best work that we had done in the two years. One of my focuses was my final major project as this is one of the best pieces I have done throughout the two years and I added the alcohol bottles, cigarette packets and prescription tablet boxes to link with my final major project work which may have helped the pieces because more understandable along with the writing was on part of the exhibition panel. I wanted to add the writing to bring an element of my chair that was exhibited in the other space into this area so that my work was linked between both places.


This is my installation piece that was situated in a different exhibition, where we all exhibited one piece, with five pieces using the blackened space, so were allocated a time of being displayed for 20 minutes each. My chair was suspended with fishing wire going to the ceiling so that this position could be held. It was important that it was displayed by only being on one leg to be able to question the fact of whether it is really a chair and so it didn't look like how you would normally see a chair. I liked that people were looking closely at what was written and trying to read parts of it because I wanted people to be involved with the piece.


No comments:

Post a Comment