Saturday 29 June 2013

East London

Recently, I went to London for a couple of days, on the second day I spent all day in East London, mainly shoreditch, as I wanted to explore the area and hunt for the street art that is often associated with the area. I was not disappointed, there was street art on almost every wall, some just quick tags or statements, but others were large pieces that had been carefully considered and must have taken hours, if not days. I also loved brick lane which again was lined with street art and a hoard of vintage shops, some of which felt as if you were back in the 60s. I also found a brilliant gallery that was underneath the lomography shop in spitalfields. It was only a small room but on display was a few of Rob Lowe's pieces who is a fantastic illustrator, and I was glad to see some of his work in person. I also spotted the beach ball installation by Morag Myerscough which was a pleasant surprise as I am a big fan of hers but I never knew whereabouts the installation was so I hadn't specifically gone looking for it.

These are just a few of the photographs I took on a disposable camera because I like the grainy quality that adds warmth and more atmosphere to the photographs. 










No comments:

Post a Comment